How do I setup my DavisMail account using Outlook 2007 & Outlook 2010?
Important: If you plan to access your DavisMail on a mobile device or an email application please visit this article. You must follow the steps outlined in that article before proceeding to configure your account.
Outside of the UC Davis branding, your DavisMail account is identical in function to Gmail.
We understand that many DavisMail users also have personal Google Apps accounts, you can sign-in to multiple accounts or toggle between them. For more information, please see Google’s documentation.
Launch Outlook either by double-clicking on the Outlook icon on your desktop, or by selecting:
- Click Start.
- Select Programs.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010.
- Since this is the first time Outlook has run, you will automatically be directed to the Add New E-mail Account Wizard.
- Enter your full name, email address and click the Manually configure server settings… check box at the bottom.
- Click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail.
- Click Next.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings screen enter:
- Your Name.
- Your E-mail Address.
- From Account Type drop down box, select IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- Enter User Name: Your full UC Davis email address(mailID@ucdavis.edu)
- If you are prompted to enter a password ensure it is the GOOG passphrase you created following the steps here.
- Click More Settings (Another Internet E-mail Settings window will appear):
- Click the Outgoing Server Tab.
- Click the My outgoing server (SMTP) require authentication check box.
- Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server button is selected.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- The Incoming server (IMAP) should be: 993
- Check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box
- The Outgoing server (SMTP) should be: 587
- Select TLS from the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop down box.