How do I setup my DavisMail account using Thunderbird (PC & Mac)?
Important: If you plan to access your DavisMail on a mobile device or an email application, please visit this article. You must follow the steps outlined in that article before proceeding to configure your account.
Outside of the UC Davis branding, your DavisMail account is identical in function to Gmail.
We understand that many DavisMail users also have personal Google Apps accounts, you can sign-in to multiple accounts or toggle between them. For more information, please see Google’s documentation.
- Launch Thunderbird.
- Select Don't Import Anything and click Next.
- In the Mail Account Setup window, enter your full name and email address. Leave the password field blank.
- Click Continue.
- Click the Stop button in the Looking up configuration part of the next window.
- Click Manual Setup.
- An Account Settings Window will appear:
- Select Server Settings on the left part of the window.
- Set incoming mail server to: imap.gmail.com
- Set the port number to 993
- Username field: full email address (email@example.com)
- Under Security Settings select SSL/TLS from the drop down menu.
- Select Normal Password from the Authentication Method drop down menu.
- Select Outgoing Server from the left part of the window.
- Click Edit.
- Set the outgoing mail server to: smtp.gmail.com
- Set the port to 587
- Select STARTTLS from the Connection security drop down menu.
- Select Normal Password from the Authentication Method.
- Enter your full UC Davis email address into the User Name field.
- Click OK.