How do I setup my DavisMail account using an Outlook 2013?
Important: If you plan to access your DavisMail on a mobile device or an email application please visit this article. You must follow the steps outlined in that article before proceeding to configure your account.
Outside of the UC Davis branding, your DavisMail account is identical in function to Gmail.
We understand that many DavisMail users also have personal Google Apps accounts, you can sign-in to multiple accounts or toggle between them. For more information, please see Google’s documentation.
- Open Outlook, click the File Tab.
- On the Account Information screen, click Add Account.
- On the Add Account dialog box enter the following:
- Your Name
- Your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Kerberos Passphrase
- Retype your Kerberos Passphrase
- Check the box: Manual setup or additional server types.
- Choose IMAP.
- For Server Information:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- For Logon Information:
- User Name: Your Full UC Davis Email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your Kerberos Passphrase
- For convenience, you'll probably want to check the box: Remember password.
- Click the More Settings button in the lower right-hand corner of this screen.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Check the box: Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- While still in the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
- Outgoing server: 587 or 25
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook tests the account settings by logging into the incoming mail server and sending a test email message.
- When the test is finished, click Close.
IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
Security type: SSL/TLS
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Security type: STARTTLS