iOS connectivity to the wireless networks on campus.
There are currently several wireless networks available on the UC Davis campus:
- Eduroam: A wireless network that is available to all UC Davis computing accounts and all Eduroam-enabled accounts. For more information on what Eduroam-enabled means, please see: Eduroam.
- UCD-Guest: A wireless network available to visitors on campus. If you are visiting UC Davis for a short time and need a wireless connection, please register by connecting to this network and creating your guest account.
Note: IT Express does not currently provide support for iOS; this information is provided as a courtesy to users who wish to use their device on the UC Davis wireless network.
- From the iOS settings menu, tap Wi-Fi.
- Locate and tap eduroam
- Enter the configuration settings below:
- Username: Kerberos Login ID@ucdavis.edu
- Password: Kerberos Passphrase
Additional settings that may be required for your device.
Tap Join. Certificate Information will be displayed.
Make sure the certificate originates from eap.noc.ucdavis.edu.
Select Trust to connect to the network.
- Eap method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: None
- CA certificate: (unspecified)
- User certificate: (unspecified)
- Select Settings
- Select Wi-Fi (top left corner)
- Choose the ucd-guest network.
- After a few moments the UC Davis registration page will automatically appear.
UCD-Guest Account Creation
- If you do not already have a UCD-Guest account, please create one.
- Select Create a UCD-Guest Account.
- Enter your full name.
- Enter a mobile phone number that can accept text messages.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Register.
The system will now send both a text message and an email to the contacts provided with your username and password information. In all cases your username will be your full email address and the password a series of 8 numbers.
Once you receive the password you can proceed to log in. Please note that it may take some time for the log in process to complete your first time connecting.